– – – – – – – – – In italiano
Questa ricetta NON è mia, ma l’ho provata e l’ho amata semplicemente.
Trovate la ricetta in italiano qui. Io l’ho solo tradotta in inglese, perché mi è piaciuta e volevo divulgarla.
Per me però è un po’ secca, quindi possiamo aggiungere un goccio d’acqua o un goccio di vino bianco al cartoccio.
– – – – – – – – – In English
This recipe is NOT mine, but I tried it and… I simply loved it!
I’ve just translated it, as the original is only in Italian and that’s a pity!
It’s a very quick dish to put together. Then the oven will do the work for you while you have time to prepare a salad, set the table and so on.
Cartoccio is an Italian word that means to cook in a wrapper. The trickiest part is to close it firmly, so it doesn’t open in the oven. I suggest you close the oven paper with cooking string, like candy =)
Let’s start with the ingredients for 2 people:
2 big potatoes
salt and pepper
a drop of water or white wine (if needed)
1. Preheat the oven at 180°C.
Wash the fish and remove the insides.
2. Grind the garlic, parsley and dried tomatoes together.
Add the breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
Make sure the mixture has enough flavour.
3. Peel the potatoes and cut into thin slices. Put the sliced potatoes on oven paper, add a little bit of olive oil and 1/4 of the mixture above.
Lay one of the mackerel on top, and add another 1/4 of the mixture. If you want a little bit moister cart occur, you can add a drop of water or a drop of white wine.
Close the cartoccio, using cooking string to close it at the sides.
4. Do the same with the second mackerel.
5. Put the cartoccio in the oven for 45 minutes.
Then you have just to open it and eat it once on the table.